Crans Baldwin- Consulting Experience
I have been asked, over the years, by various industry professionals to help on a variety of projects. I have had the chance, therefore, to learn a great deal more about our industry, and about business in general, than through my own career. I have been involved in projects related to products such as: house paint, fabrics, wall covering, furniture, hand crafted products, temporary tattoos, and lighting.
Other Areas where I have been asked to help include:
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Corporate Turnarounds
- Marketing Planning
- Corporate Succession Planning
- Real Estate Planning
- Sales Planning, Strategies, and Training
- Merchandising, Line Assortments, margins, & product development
- Business within a business – finding growth within the existing company
- Developing new product categories for existing companies – line extensions
- Selling the company – planning and preparation
- Writing & Editing
- Career Placement
- Hired by a design firm to help the principal develop a home furnishings collection utilizing the designs of a major UK fashion brand.
- Hired by a design firm to help with a business transformation resulting from a change in generational control at the firm.
- Hired by a multi-unit independent decorative showroom company to help analyze their business and develop strategies to improve all aspects of their showroom business inside and out.
- Helped developed business, merchandising and marketing plans & materials for a luxury floor-covering design firm seeking to develop an artisanal textile collection for the US interior design industry.
- Assisted a US Decorative textile company disengage itself from its existing distribution and then eventually sell itself to a larger company
- Worked with the owner of a luxury hospitality textile company to prepare 40 years of records and documents, and write proposals, in preparation for the sale of the company.
- Did the research and prepared a complete industry analysis, divisional structure, and proposed roll-out for a large textile company seeking to enter the health care textile industry.
- Took on a two-year assignment to turn around an American furniture company to make it salable for an owner who wished to move and had to sell the company to do so.
- Assisted an international Consulting firm as an industry expert for a project involving the re-marketing of one of the world’s leading brands of interior paint.